Glimpse of Bhutan - 5 Days | 4 Nights
US$ 1480 / Per Person
Group Size: 2 & above
- Explore the key cultural sites of Thimphu, Punakha and Paro.
- Discover some of the unique Himalayan cultures.
- Visit to Switzerland of Bhutan.
- Visit local farm house, taste Bhutanese cuisine and experience traditional hot stone bath.
- Hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery.
Glimpse of Bhutan tour is perfect for those who have limited time frame but always wanted to explore the land of Gross National Happiness.
Day 1: Arrive Paro international airport.
During the journey, one will experience breath-taking view of Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga and other famous Himalayan peaks including the sacred Jumolhari and Mount Jichu Drake in Bhutan. On arrival at Paro International Airport, you will be received by your guide and take you to Thimphu which is 54 km from Paro Airport and about 45 minutes’ drive. Later in the afternoon visit the King’s Memorial Chorten (built in memory of the third King of Bhutan); visit Buddha statue, School of Arts and Crafts (also known as the painting school); Traditional paper factory, visit Post office were you can personalize your stamp ,visit the mini zoo where you will see national animal of Bhutan Takin, and the majestic Tashichhodzong. Evening: Stroll through the town. Overnight hotel in Thimphu.
Day 2: Thimphu – Punakha
After breakfast this morning, enjoy the scenic drive to Punakha with a stop for tea at Dochu La (3,100 meters), where on a clear day you can get spectacular views of the Eastern Himalayas. From the pass, drive downhill through the forests of rhododendron, fir and hemlock. You will arrive Punakha after traversing through rice field and along the bank of Punakha River. On the way to Punakha, you will stop at Metsina village and take a 20 minute walk through the rice fields to Chimi Lhakhang, which is a fertility temple. After Lunch you will visit the Punakha Dzong, which is stunningly situated inbetween the male and female rivers like an anchored ship. Overnight hotel in Punakha.
Day 3: Punakha – Paro
After early breakfast Drive to Paro with a stop at Dochula for lunch . After lunch proceed towards Paro. You will visit Paro Dzong. It was built in 17th century and now houses government offices and religious institutions. Then you will visit Kichu Lhakhang, the oldest temple in the country built by the Tibetan King Songtsen Gampo in 8th century, National Museum . Overnight hotel in Paro.
Day 4: Paro. Hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery
In the morning you will hike to Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery, which is Bhutan’s most famous monastery situated at 3180 meters. Guru Rinpoche (spiritual master) is said to have flown on the back of a tigress from Singye Dzong in Lhuntse to meditate in a cave where Taktsang Monastery now stands. The Moanstery is perched on the edge of a steep cliff, about 900 meters above Paro Valley. Lunch will be served at the Cafeteria. Explore the monastery and hike back to the valley in the afternoon. Overnight hotel in Paro.
Day 5: Departure
Drive to the airport for departure. Our representative will bid you farewell.
At a Glance
Tour duration: 5 Days | 4 Nights
Tour type: Cultural tour with Day hike
- The February departure may attend the Punakha Festival
- The March departure may attend the Paro and Talo festival
- The April departure may attend the Rhododendron festival
- The June Departure may attend the Nimalung festival
- The September departure may attend the Thimphu festival
Best time: All season
Activity type: Cultural tour, Historical sites, Village tour, Religious sites and Day hike
Places covered: Thimphu, Punakha and Paro
Maximum elevation: 3150m
- Sustainable Development Fee(SDF)
- All meals
- Government certified Bhutanese Licensed tour Guide
- Bhutan Visa fee
- All internal taxes & charges
- Flight tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks and Beverages other than tea and coffee
- Sleeping bag on trek
- Internet bill and Phone bill
- Other bills of personal nature
- Accommodation in 3 star hotels (upgrade with supplement)
- Homestay accommodation certified by Tourism Council of Bhutan
- Camping (optional)
Package does not include insurance of any kinds, and that you are required to obtain separate coverage from your home country before your trip begins.